TennisTour.org

Find a Partner or Join a League

stringing machine

Do you have a stringing machine? Is it worth having your own machine? What type do you recommend?

stringing machine

Postby junbug » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:46 am

i went from a prince P200 to an alpha crank tensioner stand up with 6 pt mounting. whether you have either model. it is worth having. the machine saved me $$$$ on labor. i get to pick and choose the strings i like and have it strung at a certain tension, if i screw it up, then i don't have anyone to blame but myself. you don't have to be like me and spend for a fancy new machine. there are models available for those on a budget or if you can find a good used model in great shape, then a used one should do fine.
junbug

Re: stringing machine

Postby admin » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:53 pm

I've been using a Klippermate since high school. Seems to do just fine. 2 pt mounting system, with Kangaroo stickers.
admin

Postby junbug » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:10 am

the klippermate is great for a DIY. i went to an alpha because of time constraints and the flexibility it allows for different string patterns if it ever comes by. i also string for different players when they need it. and they like to get their sticks the ff day. so if you have a shop that can get it done for you in a day or less, stay with them. but if you want to try saving a few bucks by doing it yourself, then give it a shot. you will have to just go through the growing pains of stringing a stick.
junbug

Postby supercho » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:50 pm

i have the yellow klippermate too and its all some. it gets the job done with reasonable amount of time. the tension numbers horrible by the way. 40lb on that thing is like actually 60lb. so i did the math and statics and came up with my own tension numbers and works well.
supercho

Postby junbug » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:40 am

get a tension gauge so you can find out the accuracy of your drop weight.
junbug

Return to Stringing Machines